Sunday, October 01, 2006

Thank a Hero Today

Your Chance to Thank a Hero

There is a real estate class in Southern California next month I want to attend. Normally I fly to Southern California but because of the recent changes in travel regulations I have decided it will probably be faster to drive. Which started me thinking about how many others are making the same decision? When I fly I often use my frequent flyer miles but now that I have chosen to drive, i won't be using them. I have to wonder how many others also have a few extra miles not being used.

So here is yet another chance to be a hero.

Please take a moment to visit Fisher House and Hero Miles and consider donating your unused air miles to a military family in need. Many of our injured soldiers would greatly benefit from a visit with loved ones if only they had the means to make the trip.

However you feel about our nation's currently military activities you have to appreciate the dedication to our freedom and safety displayed by the brave members of our military. It takes just a few minutes to help an injured soldier and make a powerful impact on the life of one of our heroes.

As the holidays approach, please think about our military members overseas. many would greatly appreciate a card, email, snacks, deodorant....the list is endless. Few things are more difficult then being separated from family during the holiday months. A care package to a soldier serving overseas will be remembered for years to come. My husband still talks of a care package he received while in serving in Korea almost 20 years ago.

Please, take a moment today to thank a hero.